8 In Travel

Why I Love Flying

View from Newark AirportThis year I feel as though maybe I should have shares in Jetstar. I mean sure I haven’t travelled as much as some but for me it feels like a lot and I love it.

There will be no long distance flights this year, just short trips, two interstate and one international, but it is enough to give me that feeling of getting away. I say that this is a lot for me as I am trying to stick to a very strict budget however I feel as though this year I am struggling to stay on top of my finances as the year is just speeding by. Hence the budget Jetstar flights purchased on sale!

But what I really wanted to say is that I love flying. Being on a plane is the most relaxed I can feel, with all my troubles so far below me that they no longer matter.

It doesn’t matter what is going on in life as soon as that plane takes off there is literally nothing you can do about it!

Flying also forces you to block out the world as guess what? There is no Facebook, no emails and no phone calls. It is just you and hopefully a good book and the best view out the window.

View from PlaneFlying also symbolises the start of something. It could be the start of a holiday, a new adventure or maybe the uniting of friends and family. It is a beginning and that is something we all can get excited about!

So I just wanted to quickly share as I prepare for my second trip of the year this weekend. I am actually struggling to come to terms with the fact June is drawing to a close as I still haven’t got over the month that was May!

I believe as soon as that plane lifts off the ground on Saturday a weight will be lifted from my shoulders and I will be able to relax. I am excited to get some reading done and actually switch off from the blog for the weekend!

I’m sure I will still be posting some sneaky pics on Instagram though!

You Might Also Like

8 Comments

Lynnette
    June 26, 2015 at 8:25 am

Very well put Sally! 🙂 I love flying too and I especially love getting to the airport a little earlier to people watch. Everyone is there for a different reason, heading to a different part of the world… it is so nice to just as you said, switch off from the world, grab a good book, catch up on movies (without distractions) and if you are like me, catch up on sleep 😀 Where are you heading this weekend? I am heading to Qld in 2 weeks and I am super excited about the 4 day break I am about to have. Happy Friday! x

sallyslifestylejournal
      June 26, 2015 at 8:31 am

Thanks Lynnette! I am off to Sydney for the weekend so very much looking forward to switching off and enjoying my quick break as well! I hope the next 2 weeks goes quickly for you and you enjoy your time away 🙂

shannon@ my2morrows
    June 27, 2015 at 11:39 am

I love flying too! And I love airports. Everyone coming and going has a story and I especially love a good airport reunion! I love taking off and landing and that first glass of wine to relax and listen to some tunes, watch a movie. Mind you, travel with kids is a whole new ball game and a wee bit stressful, but hoping we can turn our little ones into good travellers too! Have a fab trip and thanks for linking up to the Ultimate Rabbit Hole. xx

sallyslifestylejournal
      June 29, 2015 at 10:10 am

I actually had my first airport reunion this trip as I my mum and I both flew in at around the same time so we got to meet up there which was fun! I’m sure by starting them young you will have some fab little flyers and will be able to get back to at least a little bit of relaxing soon 🙂

Karin @ Calm to Conniption
    June 27, 2015 at 8:28 pm

I love flying too, actually let me correct that, I love flying by myself. With the kids isn’t too bad but I completely get what you are saying about the switch off and chill factor of it. I used to fly at least once a month with my old job and I miss it. That and hotel rooms. Enjoy your trip.

sallyslifestylejournal
      June 29, 2015 at 10:12 am

Thanks 🙂 Yes, by yourself would add to being able to switch off as you get to only worry about yourself for that bit of time in the sky.

Malinda (@MBPaperPackages)
    June 29, 2015 at 2:04 pm

I don’t usually like the getting there part of travel but I do love what a flight symbolises

NOMAD/nester _ Julie Small
    June 30, 2015 at 6:50 pm

It’s the ultimate irony – I live for travel but I hate flying…thank god for the movies they show! Nice post 🙂