9 In Life

6 Things I Love About Winter

6 things I love about winterWinter is here and it is getting a little bit chilly! Yes, even in Brisbane! My old style house is built for the heat meaning it is like an ice box at the moment. Often I will leave for work in the morning and the temperature outside is actually warmer than inside…that really doesn’t seem fair!

So instead of hiding away trying to keep warm under a pile of blankets with a cup of tea not wanting to face the world like is often the case when the temperature goes down, I decided that I would look at some of the more awesome things about winter so we can remember to enjoy them before the summer months come back around!

So sit back and relax with a steaming hot cup of tea and remember with me some of the good things about winter!

1. Oversized jumpers

No need to worry about winter food bellies when you are wearing one of these! It’s almost like a blanket you can wear out of the house, comfort and warmth all wrapped up in one!

2. Coconut hot chocolates

Being dairy-free does not mean I have to miss out on the greatest way to warm up! Just some hot chocolate powder and some coconut milk equals deliciousness in a mug!

coconut hot chocolate3. Boots

I have so many different pairs of boots and I love them all equally. This year I have a snow adventure in New Zealand planned which gave me a great excuse to purchase another pair! It may be an addiction…

Winter Boots4. Sleeping in & cosy beds

My morning exercise routine goes right out the window in winter as I truly come to appreciate the comfort of my bed! Sneaking in those extra few minutes every morning is a little bonus I give myself before summer comes back around.

tea in bed5. Throw blankets

Wrapping yourself up in an overly soft blanket on the couch is one of the best things about winter. Add a good book and a cup of tea and my evenings are complete!

6. My Slow Cooker

There is nothing better than walking through the door after a long day at work to a house that smells divine! When the temp drops it is time for an array of soups, stews and curries…don’t forget the crusty bread!

my slow cooker

What is your favourite thing about winter? Note: saying “when it’s over” is not an answer!

You Might Also Like

9 Comments

Lynnette
    July 23, 2015 at 2:12 pm

Reading/falling asleep by a roaring fireplace

sallyslifestylejournal
      July 24, 2015 at 6:48 pm

I recently went back home to NSW and my favourite part was sitting in front of the fire again at my parents house! Something I miss living in QLD!

obsessedwithtravel
    July 23, 2015 at 2:35 pm

I’m not a fan of winter usually, but winter travel destinations have me hooked!! We don’t get a proper winter in Brisbane. My favourite thing at the moment is being able to chase the Northern Lights 😍 ….and also wearing my big warm jacket!

sallyslifestylejournal
      July 24, 2015 at 6:53 pm

I love winter travel! It is a little over 2 weeks before my winter adventure in NZ! Looking forward to loads of snow!

Carly Jacobs-Smaggle
    July 23, 2015 at 3:20 pm

I LOVE coconut hot chocolates. Although I live in Melbourne so we have a proper actually winter here!

yespeasmumma
    July 29, 2015 at 6:41 pm

I really don’t like Winter, but all those points above are actually good. I will have to try a coconut hot chocolate!! That sounds amazing. And I do like to have a rug on me on the couch at night. It is cozy 🙂

sallyslifestylejournal
      July 30, 2015 at 7:49 am

It is amazing, you should try it! We have find the positives when it gets cold and miserable!

Leanne Pearce
    August 17, 2015 at 2:35 pm

All of the above! I love being able to go out hiking or walking, something that is difficult in the middle of summer in Perth. Slow cooked food tastes that much better.

sallyslifestylejournal
      August 18, 2015 at 7:24 am

Yes, it is a beautiful time to go hiking without the searing heat of the Australian sun!